Its really hard to make protest posters. You have such a finite space into which to condense complex ideas with the added constraint of making your text visible from a distance. I think I did a pretty decent job, considering. I wanted to point out that much of the talk of “shared sacrifice” we hear so often is directed towards the middle and lower classes. The upper classes haven’t been asked to sacrifice anything. If I had more room on that poster I would have listed just what it is I think the upper class needs to sacrifice so that our national “austerity” plan is truly shared:
- Reinstate the Glass-Steagal act.
- Reverse Citizens United
- Close tax loopholes
- End tax havens
- End Bush tax cuts
- Return top marginal tax rates to pre-Reagan years
- Raise estate and inheritance taxes to pre-GWBush years
- Hold bankers and Wall Street accountable for crimes committed leading to the 2008 market crash; accountability includes fines, prosecution, and imprisonment.
- End the War on Drugs and/or legalize Marijuana, and channel money invested in the drug war into developing a single-payer, medicare-for-all Nationalized Health Care program.