…holy fucking shit, has it really been over 3 weeks since I last posted? Well, shit. Let’s see here, did I do anything interesting in that time?
- Went to an ASL interpreted performance of the Lion King at Hartford’s Bushnell Theatre. Visually amazing! Spectacular puppets, bright costumes, energetic dances, cast of shirtless dudes; it was awesome. Oh, and the interpreters were pretty damn good too; one lady knew the translation of the African songs, and gave us deafies the words.
- All-deaf birthday party at a local nightclub (country-western bar, complete with dance hall, mechanical bull, pool tables, bar food, and dudes in cowboy hats. Oy, I thought I left that nonsense behind me in Idaho!) It was good fun, and I enjoyed reconnecting and meeting new friends.
- I done did my taxes, y’all. I’m getting enough of a refund to buy my precious Macbook at last. That is, unless karma doesn’t sneak up on me first to snatch my money away for something else, that fucking bitch. I hates karma, my precious, I hates it, I hates it.
- Goofed off on OKCupid a lot. Chatted a lot. Got absolutely nowhere, a lot. Some fizzled-out communications; disappointing, as there was a lot of hope there. Lots of random chats, most of which ended up being “booty call” or “wank material” seekers; very fucking annoying. But I suppose that’s to be expected in a free site. Still no dates, which fucking sucks a lot of buckyballs. (Is it me, or am I saying “a lot” a LOT? I better knock that shit off before it gets outta control. Like my cussing. I passed that point with my potty mouth in my early teens, and its been getting fucking worse every damn year since.)
- I did a lot of brooding over my writing projects while letting the dishes pile up. (I fucking hate dirty dishes more than I hates karma. I’m sure theres no connection.) I picked at my writer’s block some, and spoke very firmly with myself for lack of motivation and being too much of a distracted, procrastinating, potato-munching bum. Managed to get my head out of my ass long enough to realize that all that brooding on WHY I wasn’t writing was damn self-defeating foolishness and starting thinking of HOW I could BE writing. And LO! I has written a page this weekend! This writing thing may actually be a real fucking prospect now, huzzah!
I really like cussing. It’s cathartic. FUCK YEAH!