I have updated my profile page at the gentle nudging of a few devoted readers. you may view it in the “Who I am” tab at the top of the page. Thank you.
All my creative mental energies are going towards prepping for my summer novel, so this week at least is devoted to memes. Next week maybe I’ll have a more interesting theme. I’m open to suggestions, but keep them simple.
Here is the first, from Facebook:
Play along if you want or don’t if you’re lame. 😉
1.Where did you take your profile picture?
In my sister’s kitchen.
2.What exactly are you wearing right now?
A white lab coat and paper booties and paper hair cover, all over a floral blouse and blue jeans.
3.What is your current problem? World building and characterization for my summer novel.
4.What makes you happy most? Accomplishing something meaningful.
5. What’s the name of the song that you’re listening to?
I dont listen to anything. Thats what being deaf means. BTW, can we PLEASE stop including music-related questions on these damn surveys? I mean, seriously!
6. Any celeb you would marry? No, not even. I just dont have the “fan” personality.
7.Name someone with the same birthday as you? Anne Bancroft.
8.Ever sang in front of a large audience?
Another fucking music question!
9. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
I was once favorably compared to Cate Blanchett. I adore her looks so I was immensely flattered.
10.Do you still watch kiddie movies or kiddie TV shows?
I’m not much for tv or movies anymore.
11. Do you speak any languages? American sign and English. Also smidgen of Spanish.
12. Has anyone you’ve been really close with passed away?
No, not yet, and hopefully not for a long time.
13.Do you ever watch MTV?
If I see one more music question, I will pop off the heads of some little girl’s Barbies!
14.What’s something that really annoys you?
The noise fetish you hearing people have, and how you all insist on talking about it all the fucking time.
1.Middle name: Anne
3.Current location: between a rock and a hard place
4.Eye color: dark luminous blue
Chapter 2: Family
1.Do you live with your parents?
No, and I miss them.
2.Do you get along with your parent(s)?
3.Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
4.Do you have any Siblings?: A big sister, who is also my bestest friend!
Chapter 3: Favorites
1. Ice Cream? Chocolate with chunks of fudge brownies or truffles.
2. Season: Summer, baby!
3.Shampoo/conditioner: whatever smells nice and isnt too expensive.
Chapter 4: Do yo:
1.Dance in the shower? I bathe. I slosh. I soak. No dancing.
2.Do you write on your hand? No need; Im never without pen and paper.
3.Call people back: I try to reply to what messages I get but I am bad at correspondance. Sorry!
4.Believe in love: Yeah, of course. But in “true love” Not really.
5. Any bad habits? I eat WAY too much junk chocolate and sugary sodas. I procrastinate too often. I am addicted to texting.
Chapter 5: Have You:
1.Sprained stuff? Yes: wrist and ankles.
2.Had physical therapy: No but I’ve had speech therapy!
3. Gotten stitches: Yes, seven stitches on my finger once.
4.Taken painkillers: Ah, percocet, how I knew ye! Post-surgical, my friends.
5. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling: I would love to someday before I die.
6.Been stung by a bee: no, but yes to wasps–once at seven years old, and again at twenty-two, by a small, very aggressive swarm. Total of 7 stings on my right temple. I fucking HATE wasps!
7.Thrown up at the dentist? Not that I can recall…
8.Sworn in front of your parents: My mother taught me everything I know.
9. Had detention: Uhh, i dont recall. Maybe once?
10.Been called a ho: not that i am aware of!
Chapter 6: Who/What was the last:
1.Movie(s): Seven Pounds
2.Person to text you: Ian
3.Person you called: My landlord.
4.Person you hugged: My friend Janet.
5.Person you tackled: Last person I had sex with.
6. Person you talked to on IM? Ian
7.Thing you touched? Blackberry
8. Thing you ate? Microwavable tv dinner.
9.Thing you drank: water
10.Thing you said: “Is the day over yet?” To myself at work.
Chapter 7: Future
1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years: I’m not planning that far ahead. I dont want to set myself up for disappointment.
2. 10 years? I’ll be on a surgery table getting my first colonoscopy.
3. 50 years? I’ll be eighty years old and living in a nursing home.
4. Where do you hope to live? Somewhere warm and near the sea.
5. Do you want to be famous? Not excessively so. I seek a modicum of recognition and respect among my professional peers, but I don’t need to be a household name.
6. Do you want children? Or maybe animals? I will always have animals in my life, but children: undecided. It depends on the prospective father.