2008 has been a mostly dull year. The only thing that really stands out is when we went sailing along the southern shores of Mt. Desert Island/Acadia National Park, Maine, on Memorial Day.
I also finished Nanowrimo, my first and defintely not my last.
2008 also marks the first, and hopefully last, time I’ve ever gotten rip-roaring drunk, and “brown-out”ed an entire 30 minutes of my life. 30 minutes lost forever to the alcohol-soaked mists of time. Whatever.
My hope for 2009 is to be more creative, rather than whatever it is I did to waste my time this year. To that end, these are my goals:
- Write 1 or 2 completed first draft Novels.
- Write 4 fully edited short stories, and submit for publication.
- Attend one writer’s conference.
- fill up 4 small sketchbooks with jewelry designs
- experiment with non-traditional jewelry materials and techniques.
- attend Jewelry Industry career fair in NYC
- blog 3 times a week
I’ll probably end up reading instead of doing any of that shit, but hey, its good to have goals, at least! It gives me something to bitch about. And bitching is good for blogging.
Bring on the new year!