Flashback to Animaniacs!
- Does Bill Clinton still play the sax? If so, who listens?
- A short conversation, circa last week:
Me: “What do you want to do tonight, Brian?”
Brian:: “Same thing we do every night, Rachel. Try to take over the internets! Or just watch t.v.”
- Another short conversation, circa today:
Brian, upon opening a window, sees wet rain and soggy leaves falling, carpeting the asphalt with yellow detritus: “Ugh. Looks like Fall is falling.”
Me, in agreement: “Bah. Fall, that clumsy fuck.”
- good idea: warming up for the day’s writing with a 5 minute blog.
bad idea: avoiding the work of writing by letting a 5 minute blog become an hour.
- One of my favorite bits from Animanics was the Wheel of Morality. Yakko would spin a huge wheel segemented into many pie slices containing a “moral of the story”, which every kid’s show was supposed to have, ya know?
The one I remember most was this one:
“Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson we must learn.”
“The hotel of your mind has many vacancies.”