First: on the art front, I’m struggling with a bit of apprehension about my next project. I don’t want to fuck it up, and yet, I’ve got to let go of the notion of “perfection” and just do it. But I really want my next attempt to work!
Anyway, decided to distract myself with these two little memes.
I got this particular meme from Martha.
10 years ago:
I was a sophmore in college, and I had recently dropped out of my original major
of Ecology. I was struggling to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my academic career–and thus (so I thought), the remainder of my life. The spring semester proved decisive. My Intro to Sociology course was so exciting and fun and cool, that Sociology became my major–until grad school, when I realized the social research totally sucked.
Things on my to-do list today:
Well, aside from everything I have to do at work, this is my day:
1. Post on blog.
2. Read blogs.
3. Comment on blogs.
4. Eat pasta.
5. Take Nap.
6. Cook cat food.
7. Start next artpiece–cut wood.
8. Dink around to avoid making composition and design desicions about artpiece.
9. Take bath.
10. Spoon boyfriend.
What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire?
First, I would invest a small but significant portion of my money into low-risk mutual funds and bonds. Second, I would pay of all my debts and that that of my family members. Presumably, there will be money left over, and with that money I would purchase the following:
1. A small house for me and Brian.
2. A studio for myself, and all the necessary appliances, furniture, and equipment.
3. A two-week vacation trip to some exotic locale.
4. A small collection of liquid assets such as art and jewelry.
5. Invest in worthy non-profits and charities in the Arts and in health research.
Three of my bad habits:
2. Spending money
3. Binging on chocolate
Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Mailroom clerk
2. Archives clerk
3. Target drone
4. Easter bunny
5. Help Desk Assisstant
Five things many people don’t know about me:
1. I’m a bit of a minsanthrope: I don’t like being around a lot of people.
2. I hate my skin more than I hate my weight.
3. I’m chronically insominac–I wake up 3 or 4 times a night, and have since my early teens.
4. I hate waking up, but once I do, I’m typically a bubbly morning person.
5. I love the color of fire, but I really hate the color orange.
I got this from my sister, though I’ve seen a lot of other people do it since. The game is SCATTERGORIES, and it’s harder than it looks! Here are the rules: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following. They MUST be real places, names, things…NOTHING made up! If you can’t think of anything, skip it. Try to use different answers if the person before you had the same 1st initial. You CAN’T use your name for the boy/girl name question. Have fun!
Your Name: Rachel
1. Famous Singer/Band: Radiohead
2. 4 letter word: Rank
3. Street: Red Hill Road (Bristol, CT)
4. Color: Red
5. Gifts/Presents: Ring
6. Vehicle: Range Rover
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: ragdolls
8. Boy Name: Rex
9. Girl Name: Ramona
10. Movie Title: Road to Redemption
11. Drink: Raspberry Lemonade
12. Occupation: Race car driver
13. Celebrity: Red Skelton
14. Magazine: Real Simple
15. U.S. City: Reseda, CA
16. Pro Sports Teams: Red Sox (I actually had to ask for this one, cuz my mind always draws a complete blank when it comes to sports.)
17. Reason for Being Late for Work: Rear-ended someone!
18. Something You Throw Away: Rotten meat
19. Things You Shout: “Run Forrest, run!”
20. Cartoon Character: Roadrunner
As always, I’m not tagging anyone, but if you choose to do either of these memes, let me know so I can check it out.