Okay, I had a bit of a crappy week. Here’s why:
- It seems I came down with mild form of bronchitis, not the flu. Mild or not, it sucks, and I’m tired of being tired and coughy.
- Tuesday morning I was two hours late for work because some fool trucker hauling a load of liquid hydrogen fell asleep at the wheel and drove into a ditch. The spill closed both sides of the freeway for 14 hours.
- Wednesday morning I was another 30 minutes late because my big ice-scraper broke upon trying to break through a quarter-inch sheet of ice on my car. My standard scraper had to do it all, bit by bit. In the meantime I’m getting sleeted upon by the wet winter sky, the icy slush soaks through my previously water-proof shoes, and my extremities are unhappy with me.
- My feet were damp all day.
- A poorly plowed stretch of freeway that same morning grabs my tires while driving and nearly pulls my car of the road. But despite some bad driving habits, I AM a good driver and was able to pull my car out of the slush and into a clear lane, before freaking out.
- Thurday was marked by semi-frequent hacking fits, as my bronchial mucus finally started to loosen up. I could become doubled over if I did something stupid, like, say, BREATHE.
- Friday would have been a decent day if I hadn’t been so damn grumpy.
- The weekend was better. We bought new curtians to cover the hedious blinds and windowsill. I scrubed the bathroom clean. I cooked food. I did laundry. We played video games all weekend. I bought a couple books for comfort.
Here’s what I’m reading this week:
- “What We Ache For”–Oriah Mountian Dreamer
- “Living the Creative Life”–Ricë Freeman-Zachary
- “Learn to Meditate”–David Fontana
Fortunately, I don’t feel grumpy anymore, and I actually have hope that this week will be a better week. Now, I just gotta catch up to everyone in the blogosphere. Should be doable. Today’s a slow day at work.
I can’t believe I have to work. Its supposed to be a holiday! It sucks. But I won’t think about that: it’ll just make me grumpy again.