Firstly, I want to apologize for not replying to comments lately. As soon as this is posted, I will be rectifying that lack of manners, so check back later in the day for replies to this week’s comments.
Secondly, this blog has been WAY to serious lately, and I feel the need to interject some silliness. With that purpose now in mind, I am going to give you all a little game. Citizen of the World just tagged me with the 2 Things meme, in which I must give 2 answers for a series of questions. But in my version of this meme, HALF of my answers will be utter horseshit!
The person(s) who can correctly identify which answers are stinky turds will get a prize. Be warned though: I am in a sneaky mood, and some questions might get 2 correct answers, some might get 2 steamers, and some might have 1 chunky corn-filled brownie paired with 1 golden nugget of truth. But rest assured, 1 out of 2 answers will be honest!
*note: family members are not eligible for any prize winnings.
And now, my precious friends, let us begin:
1. What names do you go by? Well, my given name is Rachel, of course. I don’t really have any nicknames, but I was once called “thunderbutt” after a particulary wretched bout of gas.
2. What are you wearing right now? A pair of grey kitties-in-boxes socks, and a set of plastic radiation-detecting jewelry for work.
3. What things do you want (or have) in a relationship? Complete domination and edible panties.
4. What are your favorite things to do? I like to drive around on scenic roads and take pictures of trees and waterfalls. I also like to go to bars and get felt up by hairy old men.
5. What do you want very badly at this moment? An orange and a long vacation.
6. What pets do you have or have had? As a kid, we used to have a couple dogs. The first dog I remember was a red long-haired retriever called Rusty, and later, a sweet Norwegian Elkhound called Smokey. I still remember those dogs fondly.
8. What did you do last night? Picked up a new-old computer from my cool sister (thanks Jen!) and had sex with my boyfriend.
9. What did you eat today? Corned beef on a roll for breakfast, and for lunch, a bowl full of rice and veggies.
10. Who were the last people you talked to? My coworker Janet, as I picked on her for being a clowny goof. And my cool sister last night, as I left her house with a new computer in tow.
11. What are you doing tomorrow? Working and doing some artwork.
12. What were your longest car rides? When I was 15 or 16, I accompanied my father as he drove his SemiTruck from Salt Lake City to Detroit, then to Dallas, Atlanta, and Birmingham, and then back to Salt Lake. The trip lasted two weeks. The other trip is from my home in Connecticut to Montreal, Canada, last year.
13. What are your favorite holidays? Thanksgiving: I love food. And Easter: I love pastel colors and spring.
14. What are your favorite beverages? Sweet white wines, specifically the botryrized wines, since they are deep, complex, and refreshingly acidic. And Lemonade, for much the same reasons.
15. Name two people who are no longer alive, but whom you’d like to talk to. My maternal grandfather, because I remember him as being a kindly, goofy old man. And my paternal grandmother, because I never was a very good granddaughter, and I would like to thank her for all the wonderful birthday cards she sent me.