Dawn has tagged me for the Blue Tea Meme! According to the rules I need to devise a list of 5-10 courses I would take to fix mylife. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged me that I’d also like to take. Tag five other bloggers.
I miss going to school–that neverending adventure/chore of learning things that may or may not have anything to do with your future. If i could afford to take classes again I totally would, and these are the classes I would take–for fun, for learning, and for my future
- Dance with Dawn, who simply hates exercizing. I dont hate exercizing, but I dont like it either. But I have always wanted to learn ballroom dancing, and it would be a fun way to get in shape, no?
- Graphic design applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, and Indesign–I regret not investing in a professional education. My two degrees in Sociology and Fine Arts were fun and enjoyable educational experiences, but they do very little in making me employable–suitable more for the academic rather than professional life. As an art major, I should have taken graphic design courses just to get my feet into the professional art world upon graduation. I would do it now, in a heartbeat, if I were able.
- Genetics: I dont know how much this would “fix my life” but it is a topic for which I have a lot of interest and passion. I wouldn’t be good at it, professionally, but it is something I would love to know everything about–iespecially the evolutionary genetics of viruses and bacteria, and epigenetics.
- CAD (computer assisted design) for Jewelers: an essential skill for jewelry designers, knowing this would push me ever closer to my dream job as a Jewelry designer.
- Advanced American Sign Language: To refresh my knowlege and signing skills, and to meet other signers and deaf people, for I do miss that sense of community.
- Digital Photography: Brian bought me a fantastic digital camera for my birthday quite some time back, and I would dearly love to learn how to use it, as well as how to think like a photographer.
- Creative Writing Workshop: not a class per se, for I already know how to write, but it would be great to have the environment around me that encourages self-discipline and copious production.
- Business and Marketing for Artists/Writers: Legal issues, practical issues, marketing, etc…all the things that being a professional self-employed person needs to know to suceed. I have read plenty of books on this topic, but theres nothing like a class environment to make you apply the lessons to your life.
- Yoga and Pilates: I would love to be flexible and relaxed and toned and these two fitness regimens are renowned for addressing those very things.
- Massage: I want to be able to put Brian to sleep with massage. He loves it when I rub his shoulders and back–I’m not bad at it, but I do it by instinct, and to know what I am doing and how to do it better, well, that would be priceless.